Qiara Infant contains the patented breastmilk strain of probiotic Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716 used exclusively in the Qiara range.
Qiara Infant is evidence-based to help in 5 ways:
- supports gastrointestinal health
- restores and maintains good bacteria during and after antibiotic use
- assists healthy digestive function
- supports microbiome and gut health
- improves good bacteria growth
Qiara Infant is recommend for babies 0-24 months who are not exclusively breastfed.
What if baby is exclusively breastfed? We recommend mum takes Qiara Pregnancy and Breastfeeding.
Breastmilk is rich in probiotics, prebiotics and essential nutrients that help babies establish a balanced microbiome, immune system and healthy digestion. Babies no longer being breastfed may be missing out on the beneficial "good bacteria" or need additional probiotic support for gastroinestinal health.
Supplementing your baby's diet with Qiara Infant may build and maintain the levels of beneficial bacteria and support the microbiome, which in turn may promote the development of their immune system and may help relieve symptoms of gut issues such as diarrhoea, constipation, reflux and colic.
Dosage and Preparation
- Each box of Qiara Infant contains 28 single-dose sachets of oral powder.
- Each sachet contains no less than 39mg/300 million organisms of Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716
- Qiara Infant is almost a tasteless powder which most babies and infants take happily. Simply add the contents of the sachet to your baby or infants prepared bottle, water, milk or soft food such as yoghurt, or sprinkle on cereal immediately before feeding. Do not heat after Qiara has been added.
- Babies 0-4 months Use half a sachet per day.
You can store the opened sachet in the refrigerator at 2-8C (do not freeze) so long as it is used within two days.
- Infants 4-24 months. Use one sachet per day.
An Infant taking prescribed antibiotics:
To help restore healthy microflora, it’s recommended your infant takes two Qiara Infant sachets per day, 2-3 hours before or after the antibiotic dose. Continue this dosage for 5 days after completing the course of antibiotics then resume 1 sachet per day.
Qiara Infant AUSTL 228344:
- Contains no added dairy, yeast, eggs, gluten, nuts, soy or salt.
- Contains no animal products, no artificial colours, preservatives or sweeteners.
- Is suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
- Does not require refrigeration (store below 25°C).
- Is guaranteed to contain a minimum of 300 million live probiotic bacteria Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716 per sachet until the expiry date.
- Contains 28 individually sealed sachets per box.
- Recommended dosage 1 sachet per day. If prescribed oral antibiotics or if IV antibiotics have been administered, take 2 sachets per day for 5 days after the antibiotic course is completed, then return to one sachet daily. Take probiotic 2-3 hours before or after antibiotic dose.
For Infants 0-24 months of age or as recommended by your health care professional.